Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Binge Drinking

Have decided doing things on the spur of the moment is a good thing. I’d also like to point out here and now that if I catch a cold it’s Alice’s fault.

The cause of this accusation started yesterday morning with an email titled ‘fancy a pint?’ in a sort of ‘we should catch up’ sort of a way.
Alice responded with ‘now?’
I said ‘tonight?’
And the rest is history.

We didn’t drink much, only about 4 units each, in 3 drinks, but that apparently counts as binge drinking in some researchers eyes. Probably not something that is recommended on a school night. Oh, apparently I’m a grown up and should refer to such things as a work night. Although that implies that I’m working (and not, for example, blogging).

I’m not normally very good at doing random things and actually seeing the world, I should do random stuff more often. Not today though. Today I must actually do some work.

And on the cold issue, part of the reason for drinking was to kill off the bugs causing Alice’s cold. That’s how it works isn’t it? Just as well neither of us is writing up a PhD on immune system type stuff...Oh, well I've not understood any of Alice's work for years.

So that still makes it Alice’s fault for misleading me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So you're hungover? ;)