Thursday, February 08, 2007

Bottoms up, chests out, best foot forward.

Anyone would think that car manufacturers didn’t design their cars to allow for people getting all the doors iced shut. What an oversight. Essentially what this meant was that yesterday I had to access my car through the boot. Very glamerous - Bum through the sunroof, arms flailing, nosefirst into the steering column and finally upside down in the drivers seat (by which I mean feet still in the back of the car while I half lay on the seat).

In hindsight washing the windows the night before was a mistake, but then there’s also the argument about actually being able to see out once in a while. Thankfully the doors would open by the time I got to work in High Wycombe.

Speaking of High Wycombe... anyone been there? Anyone been there in the snow? It’s a nightmare. I’ve travelled 25 miles and got here. Half the office who live within 5 miles of here are stuck because of sheet ice on the hills. I think I’m leaving early today as the snow is getting heavier and heavier and I really don’t want to sleep under my desk tonight! And it's only 0845 - pretty early to make that kind of decision!

On the plus side it is very pretty out there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

'Normal' people go back into the house khfor a kettle of hot water to pour over the lock!

But I wish there had been someone around to take a photo!

Mum

Anonymous said...

Doesn't that explode the lock or something?

Am glad to see someone else had an anti-snow traffic problems rant as well! Birmingham today was an absolute nightmare - never had a worse drive home. At least I could get into my car in a dignified fashion though...

Anonymous said...

You've got snow?!?

Not fair :( Ours lasted for a couple of hours yesterday morning, and there wasn't any at work.

Mary said...

I feel the need to defend myself! The lock opened but the door didn't - resulting in an unlocked door but a door, resolutely, frozen shut. So the boiling water didn't work (although did enable me to see that the door was unlocked).

And since when have I been 'normal' anyway?