Monday, February 26, 2007

What I did on my weekend

I feel like I should blog about this weekend but I’m not sure what to say. So, to summarise my activities:

I went to see Hot Fuzz. It's very funny – go see it, it defies classification and I’m just guessing but I think it’s one of those great films that American’s just won’t get. Watch out for those decaffeinated corpses.

I had dinner at the London Street Brasserie with Alice. It's sooooo nice – definitely recommended. If you go before 7pm there’s a set menu that is a bit cheaper but still delicious. We had rather a lot of food by accident and sticky toffee pudding to die for, or at least to go back for again sometime.

I also went to a Tim Minchin gig. Again, very funny, although why, oh why, do comedians seem to think that they have to be crude to be funny? He was funny and tended to spoil it by needing to be crudely controversial, I just don’t get it. Are things really funnier when they’re crude? Or am I just getting/continuing to be prudish?

I had lunch with the Bishop, along with the rest of the newly renamed parish pastoral council. Again, fantastic food and the revelation that for lent the Bishop has given up checking his emails before Breakfast!

I helped run a confirmation session on the gift of wisdom, which left me feeing very unwise, but my group finally started to actually talk - Woohoo!


How did I fit that into a weekend? Hmmm… Must be time for more coffee so that I can start planning the next one... :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's an extremely productive weekend. Well done!

PH said...

Yay! Join the Minchin joy! He's a very lovely chap. Saw him in Edinburgh for his So Rock! show.

I also have the show on CD and some of the stuff was cruder on the CD and was much much funnier when he'd got to Edinburgh.

Although he did a different ending to one of his songs that was much cruder than the original on the CD and also much much funnier.

I've really really wanted to see him on his current tour but I've just been too busy.