Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The voices in my head...

OK, so how do I stop doing things? I couldn't sleep last night because all the things going round and round in my head were getting too loud. I've been told recently that I'm doing too much, but I don't quite know how to stop...
  • Do I stop the voluntary society - despite believing in their principles, and the difference we make to the world?
  • Do I stop the church committee - despite believing that there is important work to be done and things that need to happen in our church to glorify God?
  • Do I stop the Youth Work - despite believing that young people need places to ask the questions that I never found anywhere to ask?
  • Do I stop the paid work - despite needing the money?

Problem is something needs to give because stopping the sleep just isn't working! The alarm going this morning wasn't so bad as it could have been - not as bad as yesterday anyway.

However, lack of sleep and lots of things requiring conflicting emotional responses have meant that whilst I'm technically at work, and have been for 35 minutes, I haven't quite managed to actually do anything useful yet.

Ho hum. Maybe decaf coffee was a mistake...

No comments: