Friday, January 12, 2007

Bags.

Sometimes I think I work for a global American business. Occasionally I am reminded that actually it’s a British engineering company. Today is one of those days.

Working in the environment sector we’re always keen to look like we actually are sustainable and environmentally friendly. Putting our money where out mouth is.

So today we all got given our very own shopping bag.

It’s not bad actually – blue canvas with the company logo on the side. The idea is that we can stop using plastic bags so much. It’s already been determined that the bags will make pretty good wine bottle carriers.

But somehow personal shopping bags seems more British than American. Is that stereotyping?


*I’ve just realised that I have referred to the business using the words ‘us’, ‘our’ and ‘we’ – It’s official, I’m a company girl. But I still have no intention of learning to play golf.

2 comments:

PH said...

Yes!

Take your canvas bag to the supermarket! I have a Tim Minchin one. There's a song and everything:

http://www.timminchin.com/merchandise/

PH said...

Ooh, the song's on this page:

http://www.timminchin.com/media/

The verification word is "yannes". Sounds like the name of a Belgian town.