Sunday, May 20, 2007

Normality is not a vector

  • Normal means perpendicular to something.
  • So if I take it as relative to the ground then if I'm perpendicular to the ground then I am normal.
  • But the ground is curved.
  • So I'm unlikely to be normal that often, but am more likely to wobble around on either side of normal as I wander through life...
  • And even if I lie down I'm unlikely to be parallel as my curves don't match the ground's curve.
  • You're either normal or you're not. Apparently. Does this make it bipolar? Should normality be on medication after all bipolar disorder is generally bad.
  • But that would imply that normality is a vector as it has direction.
  • And that would just be silly.

I'm a little tired, I think my brain has just given up on thinking about anything that might actually do it any good. Maybe I should have had a nap this afternoon instead of paddling in the waterfall at virginia water, and I wasn't analysing the flow patterns in my head. I mean, really, would I do such a thing? ;-)

Last night was the work party to celebrate how wonderful we all are. It was very impressive, with about 800 people there, but did involve introducing the boyfriend to some of my colleagues. He seemed to cope and I'm on leave all week so the office can gossip to their hearts content and I don't actually have to listen. I'm going to New York tomorrow :-)

Me, Mum, Best Friend from school and her mum. New York. Shopping.

Please pray for New York :-)