Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Usefulness

A friend has just sent me some quotes from emails that I sent him dating back to 2002 when we were studying the same degree with most of the same modules and on most of the same committees in the chaplaincy. We basically ran the world.

Turns out that I was ever an idealistic soul. Just before graduation there is a note that says:

Don't worry about finishing the degree. It's a good thing. We get to go out into the real world and actually do useful stuff.

I wonder what I thought the useful stuff was going to be. I'm not sure I've done any of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You thought you ran the world back then?

You were wrong. He was wrong.

I ran the world!!

{insert evil laugh}

AL said...

Didn't you realise at the time that you were just a prop for me?

Mary said...

The stage appears to be set for some sort of crazy showdown between Al and Becca. I'm not sure I'd like to guess who'd win, but I'm pretty sure that I'd want to be out of the way or at the very least out of arms reach.

So while you're keeping each other busy with that, I can get on with my secret plans for world domination.

Muhahhahahhahahahahaaa