Saturday, April 07, 2007

Hungover without the drink

Hen dos. Random things. Ryan’s stag do was a lot more straightforward. At least on a stag do when someone compliments your errm… ‘assets’ you know where you stand (or look). I’ve never quite worked out how to react when a woman compliments them - Do you return the compliment? Does it become acceptable to stare? Or are you meant to be coy?

Apparently mine are apparently much envied so I think I’ll just enjoy the compliment without thinking about it too much!

Probably best not to say too much about the behaviour of everyone – except to say that it turns out that I really don’t need alcohol in my life to blend right in with the drunken people. However, as the main photographer of the evening there is no evidence to incriminate me. Jen is a bad influence, as is Charlie (but then, that’s not really news). I can’t say anything bad about Annette, as she’s my date for the wedding next week… ;-)

The theme of the night was ‘Married life – heaven or hell?’ so we were all dressed as angels and devils. Noone seemed to believe me that I am truly angelic and that the costume was just a reflection of the truth within, apart from the one comment of ‘well you do go to church so maybe you are more angelic’. Still chuckling to myself about that one.

Was a great night, but for someone who wasn’t drinking I seem to have a hangover. This is particularly unfair as Jen has already been on facebook to record that she doesn’t, and she’s normally under the table after one drink. My voice has also descended into a low growl - It’s probably due to the volume at which I was ‘singing’ along to the power ballads in the limo on the way home.

A good time was had by all.

The hen is apparently recovering well.

No comments: