Friday, March 30, 2007

Update.

Apparently I haven’t blogged enough recently. People are starting to talk. The pause has been because I couldn’t think of anything interesting to write about that didn’t end up with me ranting about something or moaning. This is not to say that life is bad at the moment, I just seem to have got a little stressed by things. This is not entirely out of character.

The week has been punctuated by people who know me well enough saying things along the lines of
"You look awful"
"I’m a bit worried about you"
"You really should try relaxing"

People who don’t know me so well are just looking worried at me. All of which has really helped me to feel so much better about myself. No really.

Nothing like brutal honestly to make you want to hide underneath a blanket on the sofa watching archive Doctor Who episodes interspersed with Mysterious Cities of Gold off YouTube.

Ah yes, that was last night.

Thing is - this has been a good week. I’ve been down to site and seen my doodles drawn out in concrete (scary – they all seem to be a bit big. I really hope they’re all correct. Although I think that I still need to go on holiday over takeover, just in case it doesn’t all work - that’s March 2008. Anyone want to go away somewhere exotic that doesn’t have email or phones?).

I’ve even managed to get through some meetings I expected to be horrendous because I actually know my stuff on the topics (apparently some people believe what I tell them because I’m a ‘designer’. Please pray for them).

And yet still what I remember most about this week is the twit how tailgated me up the hill this morning (I have a 1 litre engine – I physically can’t go more than 20mph in most of High Wycombe. Back off Mr “My boot is bigger than your entire car” Audi.)

Just as well I’m away all weekend in London with old uni friends causing havoc (and trust me there's nothing like Cathsoc Graduates for causing havoc). Anyone who’s in London and fancies a pint/coffee/lunch this Saturday drop me a line – If you happen to be carrying chocolate so much the better :-D

No comments: