Thursday, March 08, 2007

It’s 0850 and already I’ve had a random day

Whilst forwarding on an email from a friend who is asking people to collect tumble dryer fluff for Scouts (if you can help let me know…) a Thrush started head butting the window. Not once, but constantly – it’s been going for 50 minutes now. It’ll have to stop soon due to concussion. The window has a reflective film so it presumably thinks it’s attacking another male bird – it being the season and all.

I’ve never seen (or actually looked at) a thrush this close before – I’m reliably told that it’s a thrush by my staff manager. It’s a beautiful bird, but it’s not having the best day.

A colleague has suggested that it hasn’t stopped yet because it’s blonde. I suspect it’s more to do with the fact that it’s male.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I once saw a pigeon fly into a 2nd story window. It was splattered across the window cartoon-style for a few seconds and then fell. I wonder if it died...

How is your blonde thrush btw?

Mary said...

It flew off. It only took about 90 minutes to get the message that windows are solid.

To be fair, it did hurtle itself at the window less often towards the end of that time, but whether that was because it was learning or because it had got dizzy and lost track of where the window is was unclear.