Thursday, September 29, 2005

Things to contemplate.

  1. They’ve stopped making smarties lids
  2. A pint of Guinness on a Thursday lunchtime
  3. God.


Right. So there’s the agenda people. This could be a long post.


Smarties lids. Nestle have stopped making them. Now, I’d just stopped boycotting them having finally got around to doing my research. I may have to reconsider. Surely if nothing else, the lack of Smarties lids is an educational disaster! Lets not think too hard about the nutritional implications – however, if people aren’t exposed to e numbers they might get really ill if they are suddenly exposed to them later in life. Therefore they should be fed Smarties from a young age and learn to spell with the lids. Of course with no lids involved we might have to resort to skittles which limits the spelling significantly to "ssssssssssssssssssss"

Guinness. Well, need I say more? And at lunchtime too. A great combination. Well, perhaps not from the perspective of my hydraulic calcs, but in terms of me feeling good, and the main reason for it – feeling warm in this freezing cold office it is indeed a success.

God. He Rocks. Well and truly. However, I probably ought to apologise to housemates for being a moody cow when I got in yesterday and not praying about it (and therefore turning into a human being) until getting to youthnet last night. However, youthnet was really cool. Was a bit apprehensive as I hadn’t met my group before and one of my group couldn’t come because she’s broken her elbow (excuses excuses). Although I had to bite my tongue as her friend explained what first aid treatment she’d received (kicked by a horse, lands on elbow, losing sensation. Lets take her home for some dinner before going to A&E. I really hope she didn’t need surgery!)

But yes, God rocks. One of the kids – first time I’d seen her, now wants her very own street bible for her birthday. Personally I like the sound of the pop corn maker shaped like a duck that she has at home!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did a Course 1 physics afternoon lab whilst a little Guinnessed. I drank a lot of coffee to make it up.

Tim

PH said...

You could try M&M's - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. See? Much better.

Or you could Clicky.

PH said...

I'm sure I could get plenty of people to rally to your cause. You only need to say the word.

Mary said...

Having had a bit of a look there are several petitions out there already (In fact there’s one on the site you linker to Phil!) So if anyone feels like it go sign. They all look pretty disorganised and wont’ change anything but hey it’s one of those things!

PH said...

Not feeling very militant today then? Come on, where's your fighting spirit? I'm up for a ruck.

PH said...

The revolution has begun:

Clicky

Mary said...

Phil, what are you trying to point us at? That link just takes me to the front page of a forum...

PH said...

Uh, yeah, that link wouldn't work any more. The old site has been shut down for reasons I won't go into and now redirects to a new one. You're a bit late. But there was an excellent discussion about this very issue.

Josh Hyland said...

Lids - do you collect?