Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Houses

I recommend spur of the moment decisions. But it’s useful to know what else is going on at the same time… one of these days I’m going to factor in sleep. Honest.

On Saturday I ‘popped’ up to Warwick for a pint (or as it turned out - 4 pints) with a mate who I haven’t seen in two years. We’ve been trying to organise this pint for two years now so it’s a major achievement really. Problem is Mike lives in a really nice area. It looks all grown up and stuff. Not a lot like my road. As mum pointed out, I live in the wrong part of the country. I’m looking on that statement as more of the ‘lets get the kids as far away as possible’ theory that the parents seem to be working on.

So do I move or not? Do I hang around in Wokingham and hope that one day I could afford a house/flat of my very own, or do I move closer to work and rent in, say, Woodley or maybe Twyford? Not sure whether I really want to move into a shared house with strangers though. But also not sure that I want another winter of driving 25 miles (ish) to work every day in the dark and ice.

Chances are that I’m too lazy to do anything about it. But then given that Helen is talking about moving out maybe I should go at the same time she does. If she does. And that all depends on her job interview in Winchester.

Crickey! Too many things to consider. Think I’ll go back to my tea!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moving is fun, and moving away from the commuter belt that is the Thames Valley moreso. But why move north when you can move South? Southampton and Portsmouth are both fairly cheap and you get fantastic people and nice sunshine :D

Mary said...

yes, but working in High Wcombe is currently the issue. Although there doesn't seem to be anywhere nice within a sensible commuting distance!