Wednesday, September 07, 2005

And so it contines

My brother is currently in Texas… and they’re messing about getting him a social security number. It’s almost reassuring that it’s not just this country’s systems that are incompetent at times. Almost, but not quite. Sounds like some prayer needed there.

Other than that let’s see… I seem to be running out of sleeping time again, and I don’t know how it happened. Other than the fact that schools are back so the commute is an extra 30 minutes a day now :-(

Still, I have a funky new dress for Clare’s wedding J Happy Mary. Problem is that it’s green so doesn’t match the jacket I was going to wear. Amusingly my mate Charlie has also got a green chiffon dress to wear to the same wedding. All the way through school we used to accidentally buy the same stuff. It’s kind of scary that we can still do it despite not seeing each other above twice a year.

I’ve achieved nothing today. That’s bad isn’t it. Better go home I guess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Achieving nothing in a day is an achievement in itself. Personally, I'm going for a week's record of doing nothing.

And do we get to see a picture of you in the gorgeous dress?

And why is your brother in Texas?

Mary said...

Michael is in the States because he graduated and doesn’t know what he wants to be when he grows up. He was therefore going to have to temp while he worked it out. His Girlfriend lives in Denver (and I’ve just realised that it’s Colarado. Same difference. It was Texas that his other friend lives) and it made sense to temp out there given that he has dual nationality. So he has everything apart from a social security number….

And if there’s a decent picture of me in the dress I might post it. Given my track record in photos I wouldn't hold your breath….