Monday, October 03, 2005

What am I meant to be feeling?

Happy or sad?
Enthusiastic or depressed?
Optimistic or scared?

This has been a weekend of extremes and I’m not sure how to react.

We took the youth of Earley away for the weekend. The youth weekend aspect was pretty good. Lots of learning points as you’d expect but I think all the kids got something out of it. It was great to see the little ‘uns asking questions about prayer and love (even if they did have their heads on the table at that point due to lack of sleep. I don’t know – no stamina – the leaders were in a far worse state on the whole. I’ve never seen so many green people…

Was fun though, and the kids really seemed to have fun. We talked about God. We made T-shirts. We played wide games. We made a spoof video of Harry Potter. We didn’t sleep. We checked lots of bumped heads for concussion. (When we say ‘don’t run’ we really mean it).

I really recommend working with kids. It’s great to see them learning and discovering new stuff and you really learn from what they’ve got to say as well.

On the negative side my Grandfather had a major stroke on Saturday. All family are on high alert and as many prayers as we can find are required. Mostly for the rest of the family. Grandad isn’t expected to recover. And it really doesn’t help your sleeping patterns.

So on one hand I’m hyped from a youth weekend, if not a tad exhausted. On the other I’m trying to work out how I’m meant to feel about the health of my grandfather as we wait for him to let go.

As ever. It’s all or nothing, and all at the same time.

2 comments:

PH said...

*huggles*

Hope everything with your grandfather doesn't get too depressing. Never nice, but there are some "less bad" ways for events to unfold.

I must take issue with this though:

"We didn’t sleep. We checked lots of bumped heads for concussion. (When we say ‘don’t run’ we really mean it).

Corporal punishment for running? Is that still allowed?

Mary said...

Well obviously we prayed for healing straight afterwards so that's ok...