Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Good News about HADES

Having previously taken the mickey out of the Work 'Good News' wall - guess what I'm currently writing. Yes, that's right. A poster for that very same good news wall.

I probably shouldn't have mentioned to a reviewer that the internal software had been really helpful.

I was told yesterday that I was obviously very confident in my work. This was in a meeting of 20ish people - all men, all older than me. I was asked if the flow split would work. My response of "It works." Didn't provoke any more questions or discussion, in fact there was a short pause in the meeting. It would appear that I can blag confidence pretty well.

But it does mean I have no reason not to write this Good news thingy.

Somehow writing Good News about HADES is a little odd though...

(HADES = Hydraulic Analysis and Design Software.)

5 comments:

Mary said...

I'm waiting to see if they change my title...

"Time spent in hell reduced by HADES"

:-)

Anonymous said...

Blagging with confidence runs in the family!!

Steve

AL said...

yes, i think it's genetic!

Anonymous said...

Blagging is good for the career. I reckon 90% of all 'work' around here is blagging anyway.

Anonymous said...

I think that's what Dr Evans said about a physics degree...