Thursday, September 27, 2007

Leaving is good for you

I’m beginning to get paranoid. Just as I leave Reading there are lots of exciting things starting to kick off. I’m beginning to wonder if it’s all because I’m leaving…

My parish church is starting too run some Life in the Spirit seminars, and having seen what they did for the chaplaincy at University, I’m expecting great things to happen. Except I won’t be there to see it.
(Having said that, the last time I was there, a parishioner took one look at me tidying the hymn books and said ‘we will miss you when you go’, leaving me with the distinct impression that she was more worried about the hymn books than anything else. Great.)

And then last night, at my last youth group session, God was again working in power. And I’m not going to be there to see what happens next, or what the kids do next and how God moves in their lives. And that’s soooooo frustrating.

So, by that logic I need to leave places more often. It seems to be good for other people.

No comments: