Thursday, September 06, 2007

Crash, Boom, Thud

I have a reputation for breaking things in the office. It used to be printers, these days it’s normally paper stuff and it’s usually because I’ve spilt something all over my desk. So when I haven’t broken anything in a while comments are made. A colleague just noticed my phone and was impressed that it still looked like it was in one piece, particularly given that I’ve had the same handset for over a year now. I accepted the compliment and mentioned that it was probably because I’d broken my watch clasp instead. I then showed him the defective clasp.

It’s now mended.

He went for the classic engineering approach with a twist. The twist being that instead of hitting it with a hammer he used a stapler.

Apparently it’s the most job satisfaction he’s had in days.

No comments: