Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Carried away

Sometimes I get carried away with cleaning things. I find it quite satisfying to get things to a state where you can see an improvement. This explains why I bleached the bin last night instead of going to the gym. Well, it partly explains it anyway.

Our landlord seems to have similar issues. Since we told them we were moving out they’ve been sorting out the garden of the house. A tree fell down in the floods which they sorted out last week. Last night I got home to discover that they’d felled another three trees. I can’t help but think that they’ve got a little carried away. Particularly given that one of the trees was a rather nice one. No idea what species it was but the leaves were a pretty maroon colour that contrasted nicely against the green backdrop of the weeping willow behind it making for variety of colours. Apparently the landlord isn’t that artistic when it comes to trees.

More amusing though was the squirrel. The squirrel is the reason I was late into the office this morning as I got sidetracked watching a it wandering around the tree stump. It looked just like it was looking for something but couldn’t quite work out what was wrong. Much the same look as I’ve perfected in the mornings.

Now I just need to work out how to get carried away with presentation writing or tender analysis. Hmmm. This might need a little more effort. Maybe I’ll just go wash my mug.

No comments: