Monday, June 11, 2007

I'd like to apologise to my colleagues in the Red Cross...

...but let's be honest, you really shouldn't have let me stand on a step ladder with a bucket of water. It was always going to be asking for trouble. The Vehicle is now clean, although it needs polishing, and a white touch up stick (anyone got a faded white, mercedes benz touch up stick?). We even did the inside.

I also washed my jeans and J. and B. ended up with a fair amount of water all over them too.

Apparently I'm going to get cold in my kidneys too where my t-shirt didn't meet my jeans. If I do I suspect it'll be mostly to do with S. poking me in the back with a mop...

So tonight we decided to wash the First Aid Vehicle. The mould growing along the side really wasn't giving us a very professional image. Anyone who saw us actually washing it won't have seen a very professional image either.

However, the season is upon us - so anyone who sees us out an about will, as ever, ask us how much we get paid and where the toilets are. People are always suprised that we're volunteers as they can't understand why anyone would spend 10 hours at a time sitting in a field with an ambulance. It's a fair call. We don't know either. But at least this year we won't have a mouldy vehicle.

No comments: