Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The end is nigh

You know it’s been an ‘interesting’ work period when you take a complicated set of drawings to a colleague for him to action, say ‘they’re ready to go’ and he looks you straight in the eye, shakes your hand and says ‘Congratualtions’.

He’s as glad to see the back of them as I am, although I’ll be surprised if they don’t return with comments from the contractors about something I’ve overlooked.

It’s one of the great things about my job – you never know what problem you’re going to be faced with next, and there’s never an off the shelf answer. However, with this set of drawings there have been lots and lots of options that don’t really quite work. Most of which I developed at some point in the last few weeks.

Now we just have to see if they can build the thing.

It’s the last big bit of work on the project. Two years on this, and we’re almost done. It feels a bit like bereavement. I wonder what they’ll do with me next – The electrical engineer told me yesterday that I’m ‘going places’. I think I’d upset him .

No comments: