Friday, December 23, 2005

Christmas!

Christmas; A time for renewal, rebirth and celebrating the way in which God enters our lives in the least threatening ways that he can, as a baby. Once he's in there he starts turning everything side down. In his ministry he waited 30 odd years. He's started early on me - I'm only 25.

It's sometimes difficult to picture God as the helpless baby who just needs to be loved and cherished. All to often he's the man I want answers from. Generally not the answers that he gives me though. Ho hum. Such is life.

This week has been great. I've chatted to people, slept and generally unwound. Maybe that's why today has been so hard. Visiting elderly Grandparents is difficult; I know that people get old but it's still hard to watch. It was hard with Great-Grandma and I remember thinking then that it was a scene I was going to have to watch over and over again. One day it'll be my parents. That's something I've got years and years to try and prepare myself for.

It seems to me that it's all connected to Christmas but I can't quite work out how. Maybe the way in which they need to be protected and loved until God's timing is complete.

And now on a less serious level; Alice claims she's getting here tomorrow by 4. It's here in writing as evidence. Mainly because I don't believe a word of it... :-)

2 comments:

AL said...

She claims she's getting there at 4. ho-hum.
She's bringing cookies though, 4 dozen peanut butter choc chip cookies. That counts for something? Even lateness?

And she's late for every thing..

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas Mary!!