Tuesday, October 19, 2004

I've been thinking....

....and it's all my brother's fault.

He's started talking about staying in academia (haha! And Mum thought I was expensive...). The main reason for this change of heart (at least as far as he's concerned - it's been blindingly obvious tot eh rest of us for years) is that teaching isn't as bad, scary, and impossible as he had once thought.

So, this got me thinking. He's tried his hand at helping a friend through their course, and as a result has found a possible new path for his life that he would not otherwise have considered.

Does this mean I have to try some of the things I always said I wouldn't do?

There is a limit on that though..
  • I always said I couldn't do youth work.. so obviously I'm not involved in Youthnet at all...err....
  • And I always said I'd never move back home from Birmingham..err...opps...
  • But trust me on this one I really am never going to get a tattoo.... honest...

I guess it's tht whoe expect the unexpected and don't let yourself be pigeonholed. Even by your own mind. Which means that me and my mind are blatently at odds.

It's now worked out how to make me do stuff I really don't want to.. bother.

I guess it could make life a challenge though...


No comments: