Thursday, October 12, 2006

Holiday

I'm on leave!

I recommend being on leave. It's far better for one's sleeping patterns than being at work. Apparently sleeping on one's desk is frowned upon. or at least, not advised if you want to progress at all in your career. ho hum.

So I'm at 'the Shed'. This is the new name for the 'other' house down in Bristol. Apparently other men have shed's in the garden. Dad has a whole house at the other end of the motorway but it serves the same purpose.

The theory about coming to Bristol was to get some sleep, some CPD done and to relax.
Sleep - yep. Relax yep. CPD - well, I kinda wrote an essay last night. Anyone want to know about the History of the Institution of Civil Engineers? It started in a coffee house, which is basically the 1818 equivalent of a pub. And that's still where you're most likley to find a Civil Engineer...

I've upgraded blogger. Anything could happen. Please let me know if it all goes pear shaped. Hmm... a pear shaped computer. Noone has built one of those. How do I get a patent?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, it's all different colours. You are making good use of your time on leave ;-)

Formatting's gone a bit weird though.

How did you find HMS GB? Or more to the point, did you find it?

Anonymous said...

It is different. No longer green. And not at all pearshaped. Or even pear-coloured!

Mary said...

I did find the SS Great Britain. It's cool. I will have photos at some point :-)